Friday, October 1, 2010

Tips and Toes








Tips and Toes is the place you wanna go if you want some pampering!  My sweet friend Cathy and I took the girls to get our nails done there the other day.  To all my Texas women who plan to come visit Dubai a trip to Tips and Toes will definitely be on the agenda!  I love the atmosphere..dimmed lights, pretty decor and big cushy pillows in your chair.  You know how I feel about pillows!  

They put the girls together in one chair and at least 4 women were focused on making their nails beautiful!  It was so entertaining to me watching them get pampered!  They picked some fun colors and got little designs in their nails.  Cathy and I were very adventurous on this Dubai day of beauty and had some Indian threading done to our eyebrows!  It is amazing watching these women use their hands, their mouth and a thread to shape/pluck your eyebrows!  A bit painful yes, but way better than hot wax!

Now although we really enjoyed this place and will return Cathy and I both agreed that you just can't beat a Houston pedicure.  The foot massage here was very quick and the foot bath was a small sink in the floor with no jets!  But once again, this is Dubai and they do things differently!  And you know, I am okay with this because I like being able to say "everything is better at home!"








No comments:

Post a Comment