Monday, October 25, 2010

Satwa


So I had the most amazing day in a part of Dubai called Satwa.  Satwa is the area of town where you go if you want to have anything made or sewn. Those of you who know me well know that this is very exciting to me!   You can come here to have your furniture repolstered for cheap or you can have cushions, pillows, curtains, anything, made.  You can even take a favorite dress or shirt to them and they will make you a new one in a different fabric.  All the tailors have their shops here.  And where there are tailors there are fabrics, ribbons, beads, sequins, glitter, glue guns....OH!  I am getting excited all over again writing about it!  I found the ARABIC HOBBY LOBBY!   I bought lots of sequins, glitter, ribbon and a glue gun to jazz up the kids Halloween costumes.  It was a great day!

I have never seen such amazing ribbon!


I want this ribbon!  Not sure what I will do with it but I want it!  It is handmade!

Sequins in every color you could imagine!

Bags and bags of glitter!

Beads and beads and beads!

More ribbons and trims...mostly handmade!

Jewelry making supplies-

Oh the fabrics!!!

I bought this fabric to make a long dress!  

Now before we got to the shopping we saw a pretty cool thing!  When we got out of the car I noticed the car parked next to us was full of FALCONS!  Falconry is a hobby and tradition here in the UAE.  ASD's mascot is the falcon.  Long ago the arabs would use falcons to hunt their food for them. We happened to have parked in front of a falcon hunting supply store.  Look closely at the pictures..These falcons were pinned down to the seats and had little eye patches on.  There were at least 7 falcons in this car!  Their owner came out and saw us taking pictures of them and offered to get one out! So crafts and falcons all in one day!  Only in Dubai!









7 comments:

  1. ...and we add to the list of places I would love to shop when we get to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this being a favorite hotspot of yours! how fun!!!

    love, Ashlea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I can hardly wait to shop there. When I come I will have to bring an extra bag to fill up. What awesome shopping that will be.
    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am sooooo jealous!! I can't even find a good fabric store in San Antonio! Granny is going to do some damage there! Xoxo to all...love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily! All that ribbon made me drool, literally. Those little falcon eyepatches cracked me up! Love, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaa yes Satwa can be a bit of a wonderland for us! I can just drool and shop for ribbons and buttons and fabrics all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dubai Where to Buy Fabric in Dubai stands disengaged from exchange suppliers with its unmatched affiliation and the ability to change the affection situate upholstery repair Dubai according to the customer's needs. We consider the flourishing of the customers in addition so every one of the affection situate upholstery repair Dubai and cover tiles Dubai sold at floor coverings Dubai keep running with against flame covering. We have a most wide mix of plans to inspect; you can correspondingly check through other floor surface things, for instance, upholstery dubai sofa,Cushions Dubai,Sofa Cushions Dubai,Sofa Fabric Dubai,Sofa Repair Dubai. For more details:http://www.dubaiupholstery.ae.

    ReplyDelete