Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's the Little Things-

So we made it thru another Dubai weekend.  Friday is our church day and the kids had their first day of CCE.  Church is an experience to say the least.  I am not going to to go into the things I don't like I will just tell you the things I do.  I like the songs they sing.  They are somewhat "folksy" and involve a lot of clapping.  There is one called "Gloria" that I really like.  It has a lot of clapping in it and after we got home I heard the kids singing it to themselves all day.  That was a warm feeling because the kids are not too crazy about going to church right now.  It is hard after a long school week to have to get up early for church and not have that Saturday-sleep-in day.   After hearing them singing "Gloria" to themselves though I thought- "they are getting something out of this"!   I like seeing people from all over the world coming together in a not-so-comfortable place to worship.  This place is packed!!! I like that while the kids are at CCE the parents all mingle, drink coffee and hang out together.    Lastly, I love that my little son came out of his CCE class, that he did NOT want to go to, with this little prayer.  I like that the first thing he said was "that wasn't so bad".  Here is his little prayer..It made me tear up!

God My Father
Thank you for my family
and not only those I live with,
but grandparents, uncles, aunties
and cousins.  Please be with them today--
Amen

Wow.....Love to you all-

3 comments:

  1. How sweet. This just makes me feel so good. What sweet kiddos. I can hardly wait to hug you all. It has been too long! Love you all so much, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! Oh my gosh, what a sweet tear jerker post. Are you blessed to have those sweet kids as a buffer to Dubai or what? Are they blessed to have you as a mom or what??? Keep these posts coming! Love, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! It's so wonderful to see God work through his people!!! Little Luke is such a blessing from God!!! What a wonderful prayer. Miss ya!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete