Thursday, January 6, 2011

SixintheSand meets DohaDays!

So I need to interupt my retelling of Christmas to catch up on a few things that happened before we left!

When you find out that you are going to move abroad, friends start trying to hook you up with friends of friends who have moved abroad as well.  You start emailing these total strangers and they fill you in on all the mucho important things you must know!  This happened to me more than once and has provided me with some amazing friends.  One friend impaticular must be noted!!!  My great friend Lauren Griffith hooked me up with Wendi from Houston who lives in Doha..Are you following me?  Lauren said Wendi and I were kindred spirits and were born to be friends.  She was RIGHT!!!  We started emailing before the move and she told me all kinds of great tidbits about getting ready to make this big adventure.  Wendi was so positive and encouraging about her time in Doha and it inspired me!!!  Wendi is the reason that I have SixintheSand!  She has an amazing blog called DohaDays.  I poured over it before the move and knew that I wanted to do the same thing to record our experience.

Why am I telling you this?  Wendi and I finally met face to face! She and her friend Traci came to Dubai for a short visit and we met for lunch.  Here are some pictures of our visit.  It was National Day weekend when she came.  National Day in the UAE is like our July 4th.  The whole town is decorated in red, green and black and the UAE flag is flown everywhere!  So it wasn't surprising that we ran into this guy in the mall parking garage!
National Day car art is huge here!


No clue...Like I said it was National Day....
We had a yummy lunch at PF Changs...Yes!!!  We have a PF Changs!

It's really strange sometimes how friends come into your life but I feel so blessed that this one did! Deric has work in Doha and I am hoping soon that I can take a trip over and see Wendi again....and check out Doha!! Thank you Lauren Griffith!  


No comments:

Post a Comment