Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Texas Turkey and Thanksgiving Prep

Olivia's class had to "disguise" a turkey for Thanksgiving.  Of course we chose to disguise hers as a Texan!  It turned out so cute and was a team effort to get done.  We did a mosaic flag out of magazine paper which Blake helped me cut and glue the little pieces, Liv did the coloring and much of the gluing and I last minute velcro-ed the American Girl boots to the bird!  Liv was so proud!

If you have been wondering what I have been doing the past few days I will tell you.  I HAVE BEEN DRIVING ALL OVER TO EVERY GROCERY STORE IN TOWN LOOKING FOR MY THANKSGIVING GROCERIES!  Thanksgiving is a non-existent holiday here. People have no clue what you are talking about when you mention it.  Latha looks at me like I a little crazy when I try to explain "turkey, stuffing, cranberry?" This all makes sense being that it is a true American holiday!  
These ESSENTIALS were found on my third try..Up on a high shelf...
I cheered when I found them!  What is Thanksgiving without GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!

I am very excited to be hosting Thanksgiving for so many new friends.  We are going to have 14 adults and 17 kids!  With no Hobby Lobby around I am having to get really crafty.  Thanks Molly for the pumpkin idea!  Found some Dubai-weird-ugly-peach-pumpkins in Satwa..Spray paint and glitter!  Pictures coming soon of my tables!  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe you found fried onion stings. I too went to three store, but never found them.

    ReplyDelete