Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween!




    
So my good friend texted me this morning that she needed a shirt that said "Halloween Kicked my &%$^#!". I cracked up because I felt the same way!  Halloween in true Dubai fashion was amazing fun yet exhausting!  It started Thursday at school with kid parties and a parade. I have to say I was super impressed with the kids school parties!  Tons of great-new games, creative food and decorations!  Thursday night was a SUPER FUN witch party! This ladies-only party was hosted by myself and my bud Cathy in her new apartment on the beach! You were required to come dressed as a witch of any kind and bring your favorite bottle of potion!  We had so much fun security had to shush us!  Friday was trick-or-treating and a haunted house at ASD.  The parents all decorate tables and the kids trick-or treat from table to table.  The kids had a BALL running wild around the campus with their friends.  We had one little hiccup this night.  After gathering up massive amounts of candy, decorations and children we headed all the way out to the car only for a friend to notice (NOT US) that Olivia was missing!  I ran back into the school and found our little Glinda scared and lost.  I am sure this is a story she will tell for the rest of her life...the night her family almost left her at the school Halloween carnival..in Dubai!  Blake had to rat me out on the way home that it was not me who noticed her to be missing but our friend!  Saturday we took a breather and Sunday was the real Halloween in our neighborhood!  We had friends over and I made frito pies!  YUM!  There were tons of kids from all over the world out in our neighborhood trick-or-treating!   The candy here was interesting!  Some houses gave out UNWRAPPED gummy worms, almonds, m&ms and homemade baked brownies!  You can imagine the horror of we American mothers when our little peeps came back with a mouthful of some random baked good.  A baked good from some home we knew nothing about while holding a dixie cup of some unknown liquid to drink!  I know these people meant no harm.  It just made for some laughs!  The pictures tell the story best!  You will see by how many there are that this Halloween just kept going and going and going!
Luke and his best bud Mackenzie!

Getting ready for the parade!

The big kids watched the K1 and K2 kids parade
through the school and gave them high-5's!

All the kids love Luke!


Cute game!  Pick one kid secretly to be the "ghost".  Cover
that kid with a sheet and the others have to guess who the "ghost" is.
Luke was the ghost!


She made the perfect Glinda!



Even in Dubai they play the toilet
paper mummy wrap game!

LOVE this costume!  Lego Luke Skywalker!
Homemade and creative!  My favorite!
Couldn't stop.....

Taking her picture!  By the way I glittered
her crown and added the jewel from my Satwa purchases.

More creativity!  

Liv's cute little class!

Princess Leia and Obi Wan Kenobi
Actually Blake and Hudson..third grade heartthrob
Sequin Belt added from Satwa...

Mama off to her Witch Party!
Sara stole the show as a "local witch"!

The witches and "Uncle Funky"
Texas Witches
Cathy's new place is ADORABLE!
What are the Local Witch and Glinda discussing?
Uncle Funky with his bowl of precious
candy corns from the US!  You can't find candy corn here!
Life's a Witch!  So keep making new friends!!!
Super Baby!

Glinda the Good witch..before the "incident"

Kids at the ASD Trick or Treat night





Liv did not like Uncle Funky

Liv and her little Italian friend Veronica!



Super Babies!  This is Lilly's friend Ben- They caused quite
a stir!  Lilly was insisting he play with her!




CANDY!


Mr. Gusto keeping watch over Super Lilly...

Inspecting the loot!

Building a candy house





We got BOOED in Dubai!!  Kids were SO Excited!!!
I think I know who did it.....
Weird little jello shot candies..
Team Sasso on the real Halloween night!

Team Bryant- You can see the candy is
catching up with Liv-



Look at Keegan's face! Not pleased with the treat?


This pirate hat was sold everywhere..hahaha!  One
big American pirate and two little French ones!



Check out the baked goods the kids are eating..Check out
these peoples door!  Too scary people!


Drinks anyone?  hmmmmm

Some more weirdness..hahahaha!

THANK YOU!  I needed that super suit off!




Some of the tainted unwrapped candy the kids got!

5 comments:

  1. I have endless comments about all these. So sorry about the lost Glenda! Bless her! Bless YOU! I would totally do something like that. Those school party ideas were adorable. Great stuff and games! And the witch party...pretty hilarious and awesome. Love the local witch! My fave! And the ASD carnival was great with the table trick or treating! Love that idea! Yall were hard core for Hween! Packed weekend and obviously exhausting! That's what happens when our weekends are on Fri and Sat with Hween on Sunday! Your family is so cute and your costumes were awesome. Oh and I'm totally saving the Lego costume idea. KILLER costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say how much I love Super Baby...especially without the costume. Oh and I forgot to say how awesome your creations were with help from Satwa! So cool. I need a Satwa! Mostly I'm so happy yall had a great weekend that felt a little like home. What a blessing to have had so many fun people to be with and for you to have made a "home" there!

    PS...unwrapped candy is nasty and scary...surprisingly its probably safer here than in the US! And the jello shots are priceless. We have them too and they taste awful! I told you I had endless comments! Great post! Don't ever leave pictures or details out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you guys had a full week of Halloween!! Looks like a lot of fun, but I know you are glad it is over!!! Everyone looked super cute. Love the witch party! I'll have to do that with my friends next year. Love ya, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much fun to read and see your pics...i bet you were exhausted...i love the witch party too...please send any recipes of any new potion drinks...miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blog, so much fun to see all the pics and hear everything that is happening. Look at it everyday. The kids look like they are having so much fun. Witch party was so cute! Tried to Skype you all this morning, but no luck, will try again tomorrow. So happy you all are coming home Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete