Monday, September 13, 2010

Our 9-9-9 girl turns ONE







We celebrated our second birthday in Dubai September 9.  Lillian Margaret turned 1.  Everyone says it, but where does the time go?  It seems like just yesterday we had Lilly, brought her home to Northview and Deric said "what do you think about Dubai?" I said "what's Dubai?" Mama D said "Mary, Mother of Jesus!" Lots of other people said "It'll be an adventure!"....hahahahaha...Dubai did all start around this time a year ago when this dear little girl came into our family and made it that much sweeter!
The night before her birthday I felt so weepy!  Not having our family around to watch her blow out that candle was so hard for me.  All the Bryant children have had big first birthdays!  I guess though Lilly will one day say "you all had big first birthday parties, but I turned 1 in Dubai!"  We woke up to lots of treats and presents for Lilly.  She got a new see-saw that she really could care less about and that her siblings won't get off of.  She also got lots of little board books with flaps that seem to be her favorite thing right now!  Anura and Latha are deeply in love with our girl and gave her presents too!  Anura came out and sang her happy birthday while playing his guitar!  SO SWEET!  Lilly also got new silver big girl walking shoes.  She is not walking yet but is almost there!  She cruises around the furniture alot.  Why walk when you can crawl at the speed of light?  We did cake for Miss Lilly and had our neighbors from Villa 10 over for pizza.  The girls put on a play that was quite impressive!

As for the cake..I love to make my kid's cakes myself and I take it very seriously! (ha)  I worked on Lilly's personal little #1 cake all day.  I have to say it was my best one yet!  Late in the day we realized we had no candles!  The whole family loaded up and ran to our Spinneys (grocery store) to get candles.  I set the cake out on the counter before we left.  When we got back the cake was in distress!  It looked wet and shiny, the icing was sliding off and it had kind of collapsed on one side.  Thank you DUBAI!  What is up with that?  Humidity?  The icing?  Whatever it was I learned to keep all future cakes in the fridge until the last possible moment!  Lilly didn't seem to care.  She was absolutely precious with the cake.  She held up her hands and dove her face into it!  It was like she didn't want to get her hands dirty! I had to dig pink icing out of her nose!

Morning birthday love!
The Lilly-way to eat cake!  Notice my distressed cake!
I don't do things on my head!  Not bows, no hats!
I think this is a good post to tell you a few things about our Lilly.  You have probably noticed I have fallen short on my blog posts!  That is because this girl is keeping me busy!  I think I am too old for a one-year old!  She is wearing me out!  The stairs...she is always trying to climb up them.  We have them gated top and bottom but with three siblings coming up and down who DONT CLOSE THE GATE this is a problem.  I am constantly saying "is the gate closed?!!!!!"  Remember, our stairs are made of MARBLE!  She loves to go into the kitchen and dig through her favorite drawer.  When we come in from the grocery store Latha folds the grocery sacks into perfect tiny triangles.  She puts them all into a bottom drawer in the kitchen that Lilly has discovered!  She loves to go to that drawer and pull all the little triangles out.  She has also been found splashing in the toilet, throwing Daddy's marble chess pieces onto the marble floor, and helping herself to snacks in the pantry.  I now know why my mother had a playpen.

Here are some pictures of our sweet baby!  We love you Lilly B!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are our #1 girl!

This is Lilly's new friend Ben from Texas!  He is baby #5 in his family!
She loved having someone her size around to play with!
Busted!  Snacking in the pantry!
Rats!  They figured out my plan!
Maybe if I just climb up it...
I love this drawer!
These cute little triangles are so fun to unfold and throw around!
Will someone please let me out there!
This is my room!
Tea anyone?
I love this new phone..It plays Hannah Montana songs..Mommy keeps hiding it
MINE!
These shoes are gonna take me places!

No comments:

Post a Comment