Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ice Skating


I took the girls ice skating the other day at The Dubai Mall.  We met my new friend Aimee there and her daughter Julia.  Aimee teaches 2nd grade at ASD and Julia is Blake's age.  Getting there was a bit challenging.  We did get lost..of course.  I am learning however to look for landmarks in this town.  If you want to head to The Dubai Mall, the world's largest mall you need to be heading toward the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building. After taking the wrong exit, I kept heading toward the tallest building in the world and "reached my destination" as Nav Lady says.  The Dubai Mall is AMAZING!  Every name brand you could think of has it's own store!  You can do anything at this mall from shop, to eat to play to get groceries to get your hair done to..well, you get it!

This was the girls first time ice skating and I think the first time I skated since about junior high.  They had a great time and so did I.  I am not sure what was more fun..the people watching, reading the rules of the mall or the skating.  See the pictures and you will understand what I mean!
Really cool fountain at Dubai Mall
Blake and her new friend Julia..and Sheik Mohammed the leader of Dubai..
His picture is everywhere!
No overt displays of public affection..especially holding hands.
Spectators
Sometimes my pictures are strictly for the background.
On the way home I gave Blake my camera and told her to take pictures of interesting things she saw out the window.  I did the same for Olivia.  Here are a few shots of what the girls found to be interesting in Dubai.
The Burj Khalifa, my beacon toward The Dubai Mall!
These trees mean we are close to home!
Our friendly guard who monitors all comings and goings!

No comments:

Post a Comment