Monday, September 20, 2010

Beach Bryants

A few days before school started Deric and I very spontaneously took the kids to the beach.  We parked in front of an area called the Jumeriah Beach Walk.  This is a very neat part of Dubai where you can live in high rises right along the ocean!  Our new friends the Sneedons from Katy are living there!  It has lots of great restaurants and shopping and a great view of the beach!

This night was probably my favorite we have had in Dubai.  The kids were so happy playing in the sand, collecting amazing shells and swimming in the warm water.  The weather was perfect and the people watching was superb!  I sat on that beach with my precious family and felt so at peace.  Blake and I went out and played in the waves right as the sun was setting.  I told her "Blake, do you realize we are swimming in The Persian Gulf right now?"  How cool is that!

On the way home we decided that there must be many, many more nights like this!  When you have a big family planning things to do together can get tedious and exhausting.  Spontaneous fun is definitely the best in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment