Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick Thoughts....


Coming up with a title for these posts is stressful!!!  Do they always need a title?

Today I went with a new friend out and about.  An Aggie friend of mine (Brenda Ferguson to all my Aggie people wondering) hooked me up with a friend of hers from Abilene that has lived in Dubai for a few years.  She came over and picked me up and drove me over to another part of town other than the grocery store.  Yes, I need to learn to drive around here and venture out.  Deric asks me daily if I went anywhere and I always answer in a very small voice "no".

We went to a few other grocery stores.  I would say it was like driving from Friendswood to Nasa Rd 1..However,  I felt like we took about 20 turns and went through about 15 construction zones...I tried very hard to concentrate on where she was going but I still fear getting lost!  I am going to try driving there again one day this week..maybe.  I am finding that Americans here like to check out all the grocery stores to see what American products we can find!  Today my new friend was on the lookout for Triscuits and I was searching for frozen waffles..a staple in a family with kids!  We found both!  I also found a toy section and book section in one of these stores where I got Luke some birthday treats and myself a new book.  Luke has been asking me when his "party" is and when will everyone be bringing him all his presents?  I told him that he was very lucky to have so many siblings because they each would be giving him a present!  hahahaha....No big party this year but a family trip to one of the water parks will do fine!

Deric has been gone for 2 days- He is in Saudi Arabia.  This is the first trip since our move.  I talked to him last night and he told me that he had to fast all day with his customers because of Ramadan.  At 6:30 they break their fast and have a feast!  He said this caused some overeating on his part!  He was starved and very thirsty!  He had to do it again today!  He will be home tomorrow-

I don't mind being here on my own for a few days.  It is so nice with Latha here.  She is so sweet and Lilly I think likes her now more than me.  sniff sniff sniff...




1 comment: