Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Put the Pedal to the Metal

Well, what an experience Sunday brought!  Deric and I went to pick up my new car.  Yes, this is the first brand-new car I have ever driven straight off the lot!  My new mini-van is a sweet Dubai-ride....hahahaha!  It is however one of the best options here for a family of 6.  The parking spots here are tiny and you can only imagine all the door dings my children would leave behind if we had a car with normal doors!

Now you would think it would be easy to get myself and my new car home by simply following Deric.  HA!  People drive so aggressively here we could not stay together!!!!  We got lost from each other two times!  I had to pull over and just sit, wait and PRAY that he would find me because I had no clue where I was and had no cell phone!  Now, I was never fearful for my safety as being a woman alone in a car on the side of the road...Dubai is extremely safe!  I just feared that he would never find me and I would have to actually find my way home by myself! sniff, sniff, sniff


People..prayer works!  Deric found me both times and we did make our way home!  I will say the second try following him I had a much different attitude...I got MAD!  I put the pedal to the metal and did not let anyone get between me and my only beacon toward home!!!  I think I was shaking for awhile that night..but a nice, large glass of vino helped calm me down...always does.

Needless to say, I am not only the proud owner of a new silver Town and Country mini-van but of a cell phone as well!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment