Saturday, December 7, 2013

This One Time in Bangkok


So my sweet dad always says "You can never have too many friends".

This is especially true in the expat world when your friends become your family.

Over the past few years I have made some amazing friends and sadly have had to eventually bid them farewell....

Sigh.

Oh well, sometimes when your friends have to "repatriate" (love that word) you get to go to BANGKOK!  Girls trip in order to bid them farewell and celebrate one early 4-0 for someone.  Not me.  Nope.


Look out Bangkok we have arrived!

Okay, okay Bangkok we will try your local brew en route to hotel.
Pink taxi ready and waiting to take us for thai massages.

Time for some culture!  Temples, palaces and a reclining buddha today!

Strict dress code for the Grand Palace.
Hmmmm.....this basically excludes my entire wardrobe.

The Grand Palace, Bangkok.  AMAZING!







There is some serious discussion going on here...probably about what's for lunch...
Or how HOT is was....or where we were eating...or how sweaty I was...
Here Sarah, let me hold your umbrella.
Again IT WAS SOOOOOO HOT.

After the Grand Palace we ventured off to see The Reclining Buddha. She is over 140 feet long!
I really have no words for how A-MAZING this was.
Okay, maybe the word BIG


I have no words but I do have a ridiculous selfie of me and her feet-
Did you know that the word "selfie" was just added to the dictionary?

Getting sidetracked....that happens to me alot lately...No, no not turning 40.
What else did we do on our short trip to Bangkok?

SHOP!!!

After shopping with these chicks you might need to pool
together your unused baggage weight and check a giant rain drum.
Thank you AirAisa!!

We took lots of selfies in tuc-tucs. Or should we call this a "groupie"?




Weeeee....well, I don't really know what Sarah is doing-
Moving on.
My lovely friends made me wear a moo-moo and back comb their hair.
Apparently now that I am old (I am not 40 yet) I have to wear a moo-moo.
I came out of the bathroom to find them all in these moo-moos.
I have never laughed so hard!!! 
Out of the moo-moos and out to dinner!
(Sarah would like to recommend the durian pudding) not really 
I was born in January people.

We hit the bars...well, not really.  We went to the rooftop bar where they filmed
The Hangover 2, took a photo and moved on.  We are crazy like that.

Hangover 2 bar.
We took more selfies.  These two are leaving me in December.
I won't think about that now.  I'll think about that another day.


We saw buddahs in the back of trucks....

Terry King is right.  You can never have too many friends- Even if 
you eventually have to tell them good-bye.  It just means there
are more girls trips in my future!  Right?
Luckily they gave me these three replacements to keep 
me company in Singapore when they leave.  I am thinking 
these guys wont wear moo-moos and take selfies with me.

Sigh.

Cheers from Singapore!













No comments:

Post a Comment