Thursday, December 5, 2013

Oh So Grateful

As this year wraps up I have so many things to be thankful for!!!

Thankful that Sunday I ran a marathon! My first marathon!


Thankful for the BEST RUNNING BUDS EVER!
These two did not let me quit during the months of training-
And believe me, I WANTED TO QUIT.
Here is our 4am line-up selfie.
We started at 5am on Orchard Road.
Can you say body heat and smelliness?
And we're off!  This is the best photo I could get...
It was pretty amazing running through a tunnel we drive through
all the time- This was the last photo I managed during the race.
Taking photos while running not one of my talents.

Thankful though that there were photographers along the way.
At this point I had to look down because I could not
bare to look ahead and see how far I still had to go...

I like to call this photo:
"which one of these is not like the other?"


Don't let the thumbs up fool you
Finally the finish!  5:28 minutes.  I was proud.

SO HAPPY to see these faces!

WE DID IT!
Thank God it's over!!!!!

NOT thankful that I had to walk to the MRT station for a ride home.  Ouch.

We did manage that night to gimp out to CELEBRATE!


More thankfulness....

Super thankful that Deric and I pulled off another Thanksgiving
dinner for our expat pals.  This year we had 22 adults and 27 kids.


It's not a proper Thanksgiving without costumes.
Dessert table!

Thank you American Club for the bird!

Man Talk-
Luke did a great job reciting a Thanksgiving poem.
Kid table!
Buffet line!

Let's Eat!

After dinner the kiddos gathered around for a Christmas movie.
Thankful for all our friends willing to wear my costumes!



Did I mention there was a play?
It's not a party these days if the the kids don't put on a play.
And rainbow looming- Its not a party if there is not rainbow looming going on.

That was not our only Thanksgiving...Luke's class celebrated too!
This was our first time living overseas to have a feast at school.
There are not enough words to describe how much I love Luke's 
teacher.  She makes everything extra special.
Must prepare a turkey to bring to the feast.

Must bring one set of proud parents.

Must set a nice table!

Let's feast!


 I will now use my "thankful" theme to share some of my favorite
November moments.

Thankful that I did NOT have to go to the boy scout campout
and Deric did.


Thankful for my beautiful friends who surprised the holy
you know what out of me with an early birthday celebration.


Thankful that the beday is getting some use..
Perfect toddler sink

Thankful for playdates.
Thankful we got another year out of this dress!

Thankful for Canada, India, Spain and the USA!

Thankful for fun-runs with the husband!
NOT so thankful for bed invasions every night...
(okay..so maybe a little thankful)
How do you give this the boot?

So thankful for my sweet little First Holy Communion class...
(Who sometimes make me want to drink alcohol.)
Thankful for Delia who turned 50 yesterday!
Who always has a smile and a positive attitude....
Who always stays calm when I am not....
And SO THANKFUL for the community we live in who helped me
make her birthday special!

My AMAZING friend Dina made her this cake!
Dina moves to the USA in a few weeks.
(Not so thankful for that)
Thankful that in 
12 days we'll be home for Christmas....

CHEERS FROM SINGAPORE!









No comments:

Post a Comment