Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SixintheStates the Final Chapter!

I am obviously behind on my blogging if I am still talking about Christmas!  However, I still have some great memories from our trip home and it has just taken a lot of time for me to get it all out!  The last 2 months have been busy since we have been back!  I am currently getting ready for our big move, working on some carnival art for the school, planning for my family's big arrival, holding nightly tutoring sessions for the Bryant kids and......well, you GET IT!

Here are the rest of my favorites from our time in Texas!  We spent our last days at my mom and dad's.  We had a great time in their cozy-newly-remodled house....the house I grew up in!  Santa found us there and Mama D and Pappa Terry made it extra special for us.  Here are some shots from the last days we spent at home!

A trip to see Mom at the beauty shop is a must...
Mom has done such a great job with redoing the shop!




Crafting with Mama D in her famous craft room!

Mom made the girls these matching shirts!
Lilly and sweet Granny at Aunt Debbie's Christmas Eve!





Cousins and presents..what could be better!

Olivia made Aunt Debbie this special bowl in art class at ASD!
Ugly Dolls from Aunt Nancy and Uncle Eric!

New Earrings from Granny!  This was the first time
Blake got to change her newly pierced earrings!
Christmas Eve...New jammies and presents from Mama D and Pappa Terry!

Mama D made the girls this amazing doll
furniture and clothes.


Handmade doll chairs out of old cards!




This is what Christmas Eve looks like..
This is the home I grew up in but it is very different now!
What was once 3 rooms is now one big open living and kitchen space! 

Look what happened while we all slept!!



Christmas Day lunch with Mama Vi- When I am 90 I
want to look and act like her!


Christmas night with the King's!  Best way
to wrap up the season!!!

This little fellow visits my mom and
dad's backyard for some catfood- yeesh


We had one last dinner with Winnie Kate !

We celebrated our sweet Reagan's 7th birthday-
These two have been buds since they were babies! 12 weeks apart!
I will close with this picture of my cousin Amy and I.   Amy is the closest thing to a big sister I had growing up. She and my mom are sisters and best friends.  Growing up she was my idol...the cooleset person I knew.  She is why I am an Aggie..why I was on drill team...the list goes on..If Amy did it, I was doing it!   Amy is not super crazy about me being over here but grins and supports me always!  Amy is going to close this blog as my first guest writer! Look out Dubai!  She has some words for you!  How blessed am I to be so loved.  She and my family are a big part of the reason I sometimes just want to go home!  I miss miss them!  However knowing they are home cheering me on is my fuel!  I know so many of them have been worried about us being in The Middle East right now.  Just know we are safe and sound.  Dubai is a very safe place and should that status change we will be on the first plane home.  Cheers from Dubai!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Don't mess with Texas...women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know your Mother was a hair stylist?!! Love all the pictures of the family. And girl, everytime I see you, you just get more beautiful! You still look like that 18 year old I once upon a time knew. Oh, and is that Star Wars playing on the tv in those pics? Yeah, I'm a Star Wars Dork! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete