Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fun with Santa/Special Guest

We recently had a special guest visit us in Dubai!  My Aunt Cece came to stay for a few days from Oman.  Cece is a teacher there and teaches english to students that are about to enter college.  The kids loved having her here!  She was quite the trooper running with this crowd during this busy week.  I had my big "Fun with Santa" event at ASD and had many many things to do to prepare!  I was deeply involved in decorating for this big event and the week was EXHAUSTING!!  It was so fun when it was all said and done though.  It was great having some family here and we sure hope she will come back being so close!
We explored the old souk in Dubai-
Cece helped me find some Christmas gifts to bring home!
And do some hard-core bargaining!
We saw the spice souk..so interesting!
The kids LOVED all the crafts she brought them!
On to FUN WITH SANTA!
Paper Chain hanging experts!..hahaha
Cathy and I made these centerpieces for the tables!
We sold them after...
Our decorated gym used for listening to carols while waiting to see Santa-
I made these posters that hung in the hallways..

Cathy and I decorated this little "grotto" where the ASD
kids got to visit with Santa!  Bryants were the first to have
their photo taken!  Lilly would not remove her hand from
my shoulder!

Entrance to FUN WITH SANTA!
US Consulate Children's Chior performed!

Lilly later had some alone time with Santa...

These were the posters that hung around the school
to advertise our event!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you truly amaze me!!! Those poster, centerpieces and entrance were just stunning! You are so very talented! I bet the school was in awe of you! I know your getting so excited to leave for home! I mailed your Christmas card today to the address you gave! Have a very blessed Christmas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete