Friday, April 5, 2013

The Beautiful Faces- Vietnam




Just last week Deric, Emily, Blake, Olivia, Luke, Lilly, Eric, Nancy, Winnie, Baby Jack and one brave Uncle Russell (Nancy's brother) went on an incredible journey to Vietnam.  

It created some pretty amazing memories that will take more than one blog post to 
properly record.  I think between us all we captured over 3000 photos.

And as I have been going through the photos, sorting, editing, deleting, reliving and not believing all we did with 6 kids in tow, one thought keeps popping in my head.

People are beautiful.  No matter where they come from.  No matter how they live.
God makes beautiful people.
Everywhere we went people wanted to take our kids pictures.  They wanted to hold them.
They wanted to touch them.  They found joy in our children.


This has happened a lot since we moved to Singapore.
I will look around and someone is taking my kids photos, especially 
Lilly.  They don't see little fair haired babies often. 
They want to show their friends.  It fascinates them.  

It used to bother me a little!  Creep me out some.  

But now I get it.  Because I too am fascinated by the kids that look so
different than mine and have such different lives than mine.  I find them beautiful.  
I want to show my family and friends.   I want to take their pictures! 
I see God in their faces. 

I often wonder why I am here living on this other side of the world.  
I want to hurry the experience up!  Get me back to Texas!
I miss home so much sometimes it physically hurts.    

But then I look at these photos.  
Of these beautiful faces and I think I am starting to get it.
Thank you God.  Thank you for showing me, my children, my family 
these faces that don't look like mine. They are beautiful faces.  
I will keep finding joy in taking their pictures.  

So no more words.  Just enjoy the beautiful faces of Vietnam
enjoying the beautiful faces of 6 little Bryant cousins.























 





















GOD BLESS ALL THE BEAUTIFUL FACES!
HAPPY EASTER AND CHEERS FROM SINGAPORE!





































post signature

4 comments:

  1. You are wonderful. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emily, each picture more beautiful than the next! What a lifetime of memories you're giving to your children. And how fun to live vicariously through you and your family. Thank you for sharing this experience with me.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em- how I enjoyed reliving the beautiful faces of Vietnam. Can't believe we were there a little over a week ago. What amazing times & memories. Great post. Love, Nan

    ReplyDelete