Friday, April 22, 2011

The Kitchen!

CAN YOU TELL I AM TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT SAND AND CAMELS?
I love Villa 9's kitchen.  It is big and bright and has lots of counter space.  The cabinets are your standard Dubai cabinets, not my favorite but I love the black granite countertops.  I have really tried to de-clutter the kitchen and once again only set out stuff that
 I LOVE or USE.  

THE PICTURE ON THE LEFT DERIC BROUGHT BACK FROM CHINA AND I LOVE IT!  IT IS ACTUALLY SEWN...NOT PAINTED. THE RED EXPRESSO MACHINE IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND...MAKES THE PERFECT CUP OF COFFEE...I LOVE THE "KISS THE COOK" SIGN BEING THAT I AM THE COOK! THE TEXAS FLAG WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS DERIC AND I EVER BOUGHT TOGETHER FOR OUR FIRST HOME!  THAT WAS BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I HAD MY FLAG OBSESSION.
THIS ONE I STILL LOVE.

BLAKE MADE ME THIS WHEN WE FIRST MOVED IN THE NEW VILLA...I LOVE IT!  
LOVE MY THREE ASD KIDS PICS!  THE PICS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FRIDGE ARE OF OUR FAMILY...THEY ARE AT LILLY LEVEL AND SHE LOVES MOVING THEM AROUND
DERIC BOUGHT ME THESE! JUST A LITTLE REMINDER OF WHERE WE ARE! HAHAHA



A kitchen post deserves a good recipe.  I have made this recipe twice now and we LOVE it!  It is a one skillet meal that the kids beg for seconds!  It is so easy and quick which is what I need these days.  I made it last night and it was yet again a hit.  I substitute the tomato for a drained can of rotel and I don't use the sour cream.  I use canned corn and black beans.  We top it with a few tortilla chips and some shredded cheddar.  YUM!  I got this recipe from www.bettycrocker.com.  I highly recommend signing up for their emails.  I get the best family-friendly recipes there.



Taco Supper Skillet

hide
recipe photo
hide
Kathy Saatzer, a Betty Crocker Kitchens test kitchen expert, shares a recipe. A delicious, hearty skillet meal features family-favorite flavors.
Prep Time
35
Minutes
Total Time
35
Minutes
Makes
4
servings
hide
1/2
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1
package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
2 1/4
cups water
1 1/2
cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta (5 1/2 oz)
1 1/2
cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
1
can (15 oz) Progresso® kidney beans or pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1
medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
1/2
cup sour cream
1
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1
tablespoon chopped fresh chives
hide
  1. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
  2. Stir seasoning mix, water, uncooked pasta, corn, beans and tomato into beef. Heat to boiling; stir. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is desired doneness and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
  3. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings
I LIKE IT!

6 comments:

  1. You added right touches of Emily!! It looks so sweet with all of the treasures you've set out. I am loving to declutter right now as well. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitchen and the recipe! Here is a great site to get amazing meal ideas!

    Since you are a food-e I thought you may like! And she is awesome and will have her own Food Network show soon!

    http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...love everything. living and kitchen. awesome and adorable! i want you to come here and help me re-decorate my new villa i'm moving into in 10 days! ugh! i love all your details and thoughtful decorating. the pix on the fridge for lilly are awesome! i love the s&p shakers too. oh and your pillows and decor in the tv room are so fun...you are so creative and such a great decorator! you've made that dubai villa a texas home! i want to come spend the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything just looks perfect. Looking forward to a good cup of coffee with you. Blake's picture is so pretty, what a little artist, takes after the mama. How sweet Lilly has pictures at her level. Love you all and can hardly wait to see you. Have a wonderful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks great. Just one question. Were are you finding rotel tomatoes? I can not find them anywere..

    ReplyDelete
  6. HIIIIIIIII!Kitchen looks awesome and I want to eat that skillet andI love blakes picture!I could NOT have thought of that it is so cute.
    Hannah W.

    ReplyDelete